Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Question - Can't change size layout

Report Question - Can't change size layout

We have Act! Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

I was having trouble adding Notes to a contact report I was creating, and read somewhere that I should just start with the canned "Contact Report", and modify as needed.  So, I copied "Contact Report", and started modifying. The problem is, I can't pull up the height of the detail, so I can list multiple contacts per page. It pulled up some, but stops at about 4-1/2", as if it is protected somehow. I've been searching on the forums, but can't find how to unprotect this. I'd like to get about 5 to 10 contacts per page, as our notes are very small.  Anyone?

Mick

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Question - Can't change size layout

First starting with a standard report and making major modifications is poor practice. Unless the changes are very minor I always start a report from scratch.

Second you have a hidden field blocing resizing the detail section.

You might want to check this.  https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Ok. Thanks. That was it. There was a line, that greyed out and I couldn't see for some reason.  I do have a question about the Notes field. It's a tricky one, isn't it. Since it is a multi-value field (that is, multiple dates = multiple entries), how would I go about just printing the latest note?  There seems to be a reference to a date range (currently showing 2/1/2011 to 2/28/2011), which means there is some possibility to choose a range. It is looking for a month's worth of notes right now.  How do I edit that? I've tried selecting it and looking at properties, but it doesn't really give me an option to change it.

Mick

Platinum Elite Contributor

mickth wrote:

Ok. Thanks. That was it. There was a line, that greyed out and I couldn't see for some reason.  I do have a question about the Notes field. It's a tricky one, isn't it. Since it is a multi-value field (that is, multiple dates = multiple entries), how would I go about just printing the latest note?  There seems to be a reference to a date range (currently showing 2/1/2011 to 2/28/2011), which means there is some possibility to choose a range. It is looking for a month's worth of notes right now.  How do I edit that? I've tried selecting it and looking at properties, but it doesn't really give me an option to change it.

Mick

The Notes aren't a field but a separate one to many table, that's why it has several fields. What you want can be done. In fact there is a report in my report package that will print the most recent Call Completed, Meeting Held, Todo Done and Note for any date range specified. Creating the report template took intimate knowledge of the report editor, extensive added Visual Basic script programming and modification of the report template XML code.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129