Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Editing Help

Report Editing Help

Is ther a way that you can write a field for a report that multiplies two other fields.

I'm changing the pipeline report to suit our needs and wanted to get estimated fees. To do so I was going to use one of the user fields as a fee % times the price field to get annual fee estimates.

Thanks for the help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Report Editing Help

It's actually not hard to do. You use a custom field to receive the results and a program expression or program script to do the actual data manipulation. The expression or script uses the Visual Basic program syntax.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

How do you know what the field # is?

I see the following in the edit screen  Format(Sum(Field14), "Currency") so I can figure out what Field 14 is.

Then on the edit reports screen I see

If Field10 = Null Then
    Custom5.Text = ""
Else ....

So how do I know what field number the rest are? Also how do I know what number the custom field is

Also, would the script run in the edit section? if so I would supect it to look something like this:

If Field = Null Then
    Custom?.Text = ""
Else
    Custom?.Text = Field?*Field14
EndIf

You can find the actual field name by right clicking on the field and choosing properties.

Check you private messages.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello:

I would like a vb script to filter the type of history in a report to only be "Contact Deleted", to keep a record of deleted contacts.  I think it would be something to do with the variable "contains"? for the "result" field?

Thanks,

Patty

There isn't any internal filtering available in the ACT! reports, all filtering is done from the Run Report dialog. It might be possible to create a report that would do what you want but it would involve both the report design and some fairly significant scripting.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Even though there is no official filtering in Act! reports, is there a 'suppress' option?  I.e., could you look at the text field that contains some data, do an if then else with a suppress.  See the following idea:

If Var1 = "xyz" then

Var2 = "true"

else

SUPRESS=1

endif

I have the same problems as some folks above.  I created a custom history report with times included.  I want to filter out all detail that is zero time.  If there were a suppress function for the data, then I could do that.

Any ideas??

There isn't anything like what you suggested available. I've had limited success with suppressing unwanted data but it involved scripting that modified the template XML code while the report was being compiled.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129