Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Report Changes orientation unexpectedly from landscape to portrait.

Report Changes orientation unexpectedly from landscape to portrait.

I just upgraded to Act 2008. Some of my reports didn't convert correctly during the conversion so no problem I am recreating them. I am creating a simple one line contact report in landscape. I found the bottom was getting cut off so I went into page set up and changed the bottom margin from .03 to .06 click ok and re ran the report. To my surprise though the report flipped orientation to portrait. I went back to page setup and the orientation still said landscape. I have played with all kinds of setting can not get the report back to landscape. I have been forced to re-create the report but the issue still occurs and I need to be careful to save the report under multiple names in case it decides to flip orientation again.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Report Changes orientation unexpectedly from landscape to portrait.

In all the reports that I have created, I have never seen the problem you are describing and when I tried to duplicate it now, I could not make it happen. This may be an issue with your system, the printer driver, or the specific report template you are trying to create.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

Were you able to resolve the Report Orientation issue?  I have encountered the identical problem and I am frustrated beyond belief.  I too modified a previously-functioning report template that I had developed.  Even if I undo the margin changes and tell the printer to print in landscape, the report defaults to portrait and the content is cut off.
Platinum Elite Contributor

That sounds like a corrupted template. Without examining the template, including the XML code I can't offer a suggestion. In all my work with reports I have never seen that happen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

That's fair.  So, following that theory, I had attempted two things (1)create one from scratch and (2) modify one of the preexisting ACT templates.  Both efforts failed to print landscape.
Platinum Elite Contributor

That sounds like an issue with the printer driver. Have you tried creating a Word document in landscape as a test?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you.  Already tried that.  I changed the print properties on the document side, on the printer side, both at the same time, at different times, etc.  I've tried everyway I know to get around this but ACT is defeating me at every turn.  It only wants to print a report in Portrait style.