Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Replace Field doesnt show field I want to replace

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Replace Field doesnt show field I want to replace

We use the Account Manager field to designate sales territories.  I am trying to reassign a mass of contacts to a different account manager, and can't figure out how.  I've made a group that has the contacts to change, maybe 3-400 of them.  Tried edit>replace field, but that brings up a limited selection of fields, and Account Manager is not one of them.  I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this but struggling to find it.  Any advice?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author hmanvel
Tuesday
Silver Contributor

Re: Replace Field doesnt show field I want to replace

Think I now understand what is happening -

The list view of the contacts in the group view is different to the list view in the normal contacts view.

You can add to this when in the group list view by selecting the options button and then Customise Columns.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

It maybe that the account manager field is in fact called Record Manager. Try looking in the list view to double check the name of the field.

Highlighted

I've learned more; If I'm looking at the entire contact list, replace field brings up Account Manager as a selection.  As soon as I apply the group I've made, Account Manager is no longer available.  I can't see where Account Manager is hooked to Record Manager, they seem to be two different unrelated fields.

Highlighted

Solved!  If I just use results of search it works fine, just can't make results into a group or fields go missing......

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author hmanvel
Tuesday
Silver Contributor

Think I now understand what is happening -

The list view of the contacts in the group view is different to the list view in the normal contacts view.

You can add to this when in the group list view by selecting the options button and then Customise Columns.

Hope that helps.