Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Renaming Failure for Opportunity Fields on RDB's in ACT Premium 2009 (11.1)

Copper Super Contributor

Renaming Failure for Opportunity Fields on RDB's in ACT Premium 2009 (11.1)

We had a request to update OPPORTUNITY FIELDS 5 thru 8 on the Opportunities USER FIELDS tab. After making these changes on the server, the RDB clients don't appear to be updating correctly after the sync. They get the notice about SCHEMA MODIFICATIONS, but after it has completed the sync, the Opportunity Fields still indicate "Opportunity Field 5/6/7/8" instead of the new name. The server shows them correctly as expected. On my machine with my remote database, I even went through all of the rebuilding and reindexing options provided by ACTDIAG. This did not resolve the situation.  Any recommendations on which actions I should take next?
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Renaming Failure for Opportunity Fields on RDB's in ACT Premium 2009 (11.1)

After talking with our ACT consultants, they verified that this is a bug in the system and were able to reproduce it in their lab.  However, it didn't occur on the Remote Databases 100% of the time.  SAGE was notified but was not able to give an explanation of this behavior and recommended recreating and redeploying the Remote Databases to the users who did not receive the new field names.

In my situation the first four users I checked didn't get the updates (including me), so I'm not looking forward to having to redo all of the RDBs.  I'll only recreate the DB's for the remote users who really need to see these field names.

I'll post back here when/if I get an update.