Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing buttons from Nav bar

Removing buttons from Nav bar

Act! Premium v17.2

I am wondering how to remove certain Navbar buttons from the list?  

I tried using Navigation Pane Options by unchecking these buttons but they appear back..

Any suggestion?

Rida

Administrator

Re: Removing buttons from Nav bar

Hi Rida,
The preference should be saved. Does it remember the preference on any other PC's, or if you're logged in as another user on your PC?

When exactly does it forget the setting?

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

It forgets the setting as soon as I click any button on Navbar. I am running Windows 7 Professional on my PC and logging in with my Administrator profile. My other collogue is experiencing the same issue with Navbar customization as preferences not being saved for some reason..
Employee

Could you confirm if this is a domain machine or a workgroup??

It is a domain machine!
Employee

Hi

If possible can you just test the following step!

That is just login as local machine admin and not as a domain admin and check if the preferences get saved.

The reason is we need to find if there is any folder permission or group object rules or any domain setting that is causing the problem since you said it happens in another domain machine too.

Take backup of database and try the above step if possible and let us the know the outcome

This is what I have noticed, all custom tables crated in Act also create a button on Navbar that we cannot remove/hide from the list. Someone told me that it has to do with customization. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.
Copper Contributor

I just upgraded to version 18 (18.0.501.0, Hot Fix 2) and changes to the Navbar options do not save - pretty frustrating ...! Is there a fix coming?

Dave

Administrator

A good starting point to troubleshoot this would be the rebuilding of the Act preferences file.

Please follow the Knowledgebase article below, then retry your actions and let us know how it goes.
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770
Copper Contributor

I tried resetting the preferences file as you suggested, but it didn't work. The Navbar will not save my preferences. I only want 4 of the buttons to show, but after setting it properly, the next time I start up ACT!, all buttons are there again. Now I HAVE pulled the window down so only the top 4 buttons (which happen to be one ones I want) are showing. This preference is saved - however it will not save the ORDER I want the buttons to show. This is a bit frustrating ...

Dave