Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing buttons from Nav bar

Administrator

Re: Removing buttons from Nav bar

Hi all,

My previously posted link went directly to the Pro downloads page. Here's the downloads centre homepage that let's you choose Pro or Premium. Sorry for the confusion.
http://www.act.com/resources/downloads

This is an issue again with Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 2 for Windows (version 7).  I remove (uncheck buttons I don't want to see) and when I re-boot they all appear again.  

We are having the same issue with 21.0.295.0, Update 5 on Windows 7.  When we use the Add or Remove Buttons option to customize the navbar, the changes are not saved, and the navbar reverts to the default setting on the next log in.  Does anyone know a fix for this?

Copper Contributor

I am running Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 5. I can rearrange the order of the buttons, add or remove buttons just fine. The problem is when I close Act! and reopen it all of the buttons return to their default status. I spoke an Act! tech guy over a month ago and he told me that they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it. What is taking so long?
Copper Super Contributor

customer is having same issue wit Premium v21 update 5

any ideas?

is this an official defect?

Otto Lanjouw
www.relact.nl
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Classic ACT!  " upgrade" . Also issues with reinstating remote sync and had to reinstall various short cuts. How about some testing before a new version of a mature product is released? This is update 5 after all!

I pay for a subscription for continuous improvement, not to have to spend hours getting back to where things were previously.

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Copper Contributor

Is there an estimate on when this defect will be fixed?
Copper Contributor

FYI - not a fix but my own workaround for this annoying problem -

I reorder the options I want to see and then shrink size the window so I only see my list choices.  The icons are still showing for all at the bottom but the reduced list is more acceptable.

That's a great suggestion that WORKS!  

Thanks for posting this!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Good idea though only if you want to see the items in the order ACT! has decided

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com