Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing buttons from Nav bar

Copper Contributor

Re: Removing buttons from Nav bar

Tech Support from the UK called this morning, but after doing everything your other Techs did realized it was it is a flaw in the Act! 18 program. A fix is coming.
Highlighted
JM
Nickel Contributor

This issue is also with Prem V17.2.217.0 HF2

JM

Administrator

Thanks for your help @RickyRay. We have identified the defect and it's been logged as Defect D-04185.

Copper Contributor

I have just installed Hotfix 7, but the Navbar problem is still not fixed. This is really frustrating!!! I am using Act! v18 Desktop version, not Web. Version 18 Update 7 Requires: Act! Premium (access via web) Issue Number Description D-04245 APFW - Calendar - Any view - Timezone Inconsistencies D-04187 APFW - Calendar - mini calendar always uses the server date and time for the mini calendar funtions D-04229 APFW - Navigating to Calendar View logs off user not running on English language Windows OS. D-04249 APFW - Remove redundant Today button D-04178 APFW - Schedule ActivityDialog - Dialog pulling server time instead of client time. D-04186 APFW - Today button on calendar takes you to the wrong date. D-04182 Change filestreams in licensing to be more friendly in large hosted environments
Copper Contributor

I have just installed Hotfix 7, but Defect D-04185 was not fixed. This is really frustrating!!! I am using Act! v18 Desktop version, not Web. When will the Nav bar problem be fixed???
Administrator

Hi Ricky,

Hotfixes are generally for critical defects that relate to a single issue.

Service Packs (i.e. v18.1) contain more fixes than a usual hotfix. This particular defect has been targeted for the next service pack for v18.

Of course, the scope of each reported defect will affect the time it takes to investigative, fix and test the issue, before it's included in a hotfix/update or service pack. We don't have a standard turnaround time that we publish for each defect reported due to this complexity and the differing circumstances involved in each separate case.
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Gary,

When is v19 due? This issue occurs in v17 which I presume will never be fixed. By these posts it's an important feature for many users and should be prioritised and a provide a reason to upgrade to V18.  Even v17 would be perfect for me if it had this feature which ACT! has had for several versions. The only other issue I have with v17 is every once in a while on Start Up the SQL Server (ACT7) service 't requires manual starting on a PC with a remote database

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Administrator

Hi Stephen.

v19 has not yet been announced.
As I've mentioned, a fix for this issue has been targeted for v18.1, which is currently undergoing testing.
JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary,

A few weeks ago which I forgot to notify you that on my Windows 10 PC I removed Office 2007, ACT V17.2, all SQL Server's, and exponenciel and MergeAdmin add-on's.

Then I installed Office 365 Home (2016), then ACTV18-HF7, and newer version exponenciel/ MergeAdin add-on's.

So far the Nav bars in the left Pane are sticking after open and close ACT and reboot PC.

Some people claim V18-HF7 still not working.  I suggest if they did not to stop all ACT and SQL Services from Task Manager (note you should not have to but I did just to make sure they got removed).  

Then remove from Programs and Features ACT and all SQL services (first do SQL Server 20xx (ACT7) ).  This will insure when you install ACT again it will install the more current SQL 2014.

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary W.,

Update as of April 13th 2016.

My Windows 10 64 bit system with Office 360 2016, and ACT ACTV18-HF7 buttons are no longer staying locked down after rebooting Windows. I think that started happening again after MS$ did a windows update?

Also to note even though after just closing and reopening ACT! the buttons I removed in the left panel section and the upper top of ACT stay locked I had also hiden the search bar but that comes back.

JM

I just Trial Malware Antio-Exploit and re-installed Malwarebytes Prem (paid version) since I removed it a couple of weeks ago to uninstall then install new version Trendmicro Max Security 2016. I did a hard reboot and ACT! kept my set defined buttons on the left and Top.

JM