Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing buttons from Nav bar

Administrator

Re: Removing buttons from Nav bar

Hi dbking,

In order to investigate this further, it would be best to speak to one of our support technicians by calling 866 873 2006.
Copper Contributor

I am having the same problem with Act! Premium v18. I called 866 873 2006 several times, but after being on hold for about an hour, I gave up. Anyone have a fix?
Silver Contributor

Tried on my development machine and it did save settings so looks like it is a permissions issue on saving settings. Try right clicking on ACT icon and running as administrator and change settings. Then log back the same way and see if it saved them. If so it is a user permission problem even when that users has admin rights on the machine.
Copper Contributor

I logged on as Administrator changed the settings, closed Act!, reopened as Administrator and the settings were back to the Default.
Copper Contributor

I also tried starting ACT as administrator, made my changes to the Nav Bar, closed ACT, then reopened normally. The Nav Bar went back to default. I HAVE been able to pull the Nav Bar window down so it only shows the top four items (which are what I use most), to that's a help. However, I cannot change the order that the items are displayed.

Any other ideas?

Dave

Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this issue with ACT! 17.2 after upgrading from v16 and with Windows 10. It won't save my preferred Navbar options.I've tried deleting the preferences file with Actdiag. It happens on both the master database and a remote one if that helps. Any ideas?

Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I spoke with tech support yesterday. They are aware of the problem and promise a Hot Fix soon. I'm using Windows 10, Act! v18
Copper Elite Contributor

Hopefully the fix will work for v17 too as I've only just installed it.These sorts of issues are why I didn't do it a year ago when I first got the upgrade licence :-(.
Stephen Buckland
stephenbuckland@gmail.com

I try to re-order the navbar items and the change does not stick.

JM
Nickel Contributor

I would like to know which File(s) in Preferences folder are related to NavBar and if there is a reset file somewhere else that will reset to default that so said file. The Preferences.xml trick did not help.

I have tried the Starting ACT with Admin rights and even after closing ACT after making the Navbar the way I want to of copied those files and even gave read-only attributes. Before and after closing ACT which the Preferences get updated.  

I'm on Win10 Ver 1511 for 64bit, Office 2007, Prem ACTV17.2 which was holding the Navbar settings, but past couple days I noticed no longer sticking.  I see there was several windows updates and IE Explorer Flash Player.

JM