Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remove Old Data - no option for Opportunities

Remove Old Data - no option for Opportunities

I am Using ACT v17.2.217.    I want to do some database maintenance, and remove old data. Specifically I want to remove Histories and Notes.  

But, when I select either one, and I enter the number of days, ACT informs me that it will be removing Opportunities (Closed-Won, Closed-Lost, Open and Inactive... )

In fact there no option here to select opportunities.  It seems that no matter what you want to remove (notes, histories, activites, or documents), it will also remove your opportunities!  

In older version of ACT there was a check box to select or de-select Opportunities.

Has anyone besides me come across this?  I do consider it a bug because there is apparently no way to remove old data like notes and histories without also removing opportunities.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remove Old Data - no option for Opportunities

Those would be the opportunity history types not the opportunities themselves. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy, thanks for the quick reply.   Are you sure about that?  Based on the confirmation pop-up screen it sure looks like it wants to delete the opportunities themselves.  -JohnScreenshot.png

Bronze Super Contributor

To be safe - back up before the removal and then you can restore if things are wrong!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Elite Contributor

Personally, I would never use that option.  If you are looking to remove history you should do it from the History List when you can filter out the exact histories you want to remove.  If you want to remove notes I'd get the Exponencial utility that let's you selectively remove histories and notes. 

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450

Thank you Karen, that is a great idea.  I was not aware of the History List - and its ability to show history for all the contacts in the lookup.

As additional information to my original post, it is interesting that when I log in as Administrator, and I select remove old data (Notes), it only shows the count of  Notes to be deleted.  But, when I log in as myself (also an Administrator), I select the same exact date for notes to be removed.. and I get the message that it also wants to remove all the opportunities.  Any idea why this would be?

John