Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote synchronization failure

Copper Contributor

Remote synchronization failure

I've posted this message now twice, but it seems not be on the board (why has it been removed?).

I am unable to perform a remote syncrhonization of 2013 Premium (it is completely disfunctional). At the second stage of sync I get an error message indicated in the following log. Nothing seems to work. Can someone from Act respond to this, please?

======== SYNC SESSION - 9/15/2012 5:07:08 PM ========

[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:08 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:30 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:47 PM ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: MAG_AUGUST2012
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:52 PM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:52 PM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:07:59 PM ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 0
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:08:38 PM ]Message: Client initialized.
[ Info | 9/15/2012 5:08:41 PM ]Message: Client schema synchronized.
[ Error | 9/15/2012 5:09:13 PM ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Failed to load Msxmlsql.dll.
Could not find prepared statement with handle 0.
The statement has been terminated.

======== SYNC SESSION - 9/7/2012 5:56:15 PM ========

[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:15 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:37 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:39 PM ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: MAG_AUGUST2012
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:42 PM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:42 PM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:56:46 PM ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 0
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:57:05 PM ]Message: Client initialized.
[ Info | 9/7/2012 5:57:11 PM ]Message: Client schema synchronized.
[ Error | 9/7/2012 5:57:16 PM ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Failed to load Msxmlsql.dll.
Could not find prepared statement with handle 0.
The statement has been terminated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remote synchronization failure

Hello magreenfield,
From the description of the error it sounds like it may be an issue with the SQL Server installation on your remote database, or possibly a permissions issues accessing the referenced file. Does this happen on other remote databases (if applicable)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I am using only one remote database, so I cannot answer. It is a problem that suddenly occurred. Any suggestions on how I might fix this. I already uninstalled and reinstalled Act with a full reinstallation of the SQL instance. That didn't help. Thank you.

(Previously I syncrhonized from this location without an issue, so the permissions were OK.

If you create a new remote database, do you get the same error when syncing it?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I have twice created a new remote database. The last attempt included a complete removal and reinstallation of ACt and SQL server instance. Nothing seems to help. I get the same error. I am going to have to scrap Act because I am no longer able to synchronize the remote database. There is some bug in the installation of 2013.

I have not been able to reproduce the issue. The message would suggest there is an installation or environmental issue. Are you able to test this on another machine? If you have ACT! Premium and are using the Network Sync service, you could try unpacking a remote and syncing locally on the machine hosting the database.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Hi,

we had the same problem with an Act! 16 customer.

The interesting thing is that the error message says: "Server Error Description"

This means, that the error occurred on the server (the machine with the publishing database, not the remote database).

We let ProccessMon monitor all file actions on the server, while we start the synchronisation on the remote database machine.

In the log of the ProcessMon a failed access to the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ACT7\MSSQL\Binn\msxmlsql.dll" was recorded.

As you can see the ACT7 sql insance on this system was a 32 bit version (I don't know why? Act! wasn't installed by us on this system.)

We copied the msxmlsql.dll from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ACT7\MSSQL\Binn

And the resource file msxmlsql.rll from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\Resources\1033

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ACT7\MSSQL\Binn\Resources\1033

Now the synchronisation runs.

Best Regards

Robert

Melville-Schellmann
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software