Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database users's notes removed/deleted after synch

Remote database users's notes removed/deleted after synch

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with an outside sales rep who is using a remote database. She is saying that notes she's entered for contacts are removed or deleted after she does a synch to our main database. The records do exist on the main database but not on her local copy. She says she is not deleting them (I believe her) I remoted to her machine and saw her enter records and she does the process correctly. I did a test synch and test notes added to a contact were replicated on the main database and were not deleted on her end so it's either a intermittent problem or something happens "after the fact". I've looked at filter settings and they are showing all, I've performed a database check and repair to no avail. I have searched this forum and the Internet without much luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Oh, we have Act 2006,  Premium for workgroups, V 8.0.2.82. Also we have other reps that are not having this issue.

Thank you,

Jay

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Remote database users's notes removed/deleted after synch

Try creating a new remote database, in the sync panel select "recreate database". Back up the current remote before overwriting it.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

Re: Remote database users's notes removed/deleted after synch

Thank you Neil for replying,

I was hoping to do that as a last ditch effort, but am willing to try. The DB's rather large so I have to send a CD out. Can you expand on the part about in the sync panel select "recreate database", I think I know what you mean but don't want to miss anything.

Jay

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Remote database user's notes removed/deleted after synch

HI

I had this reported by one of my clients as well. In her case it was that the User selected in notes or history was changing at start up so it did not show her notes etc as it had selected a different user/ users. We asked her to click all users in Notes and History and this fixed the problem. I do not know if she is having to do this after each start up or it fixed it completely as she has not complained since. If this is your users problem and they do have to reset each time it probably needs the preference files deleting and recreating.

Hope this helps

Chip