Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database unable to synchronize

Avid Listener

Remote database unable to synchronize

Our office uses ACT! Premium 2009 and we have 10 remote users. I am the administrator and lately I have made some changes to our main database (fields, sync sets, etc.) I have made changes to sync sets/subscription lists before and there has never been an issue with our remote users synchronizing to the main database. Earlier this week I made a small change to one of the fields and now no one is able to sync. Below is a screen shot of what our remote users see when they try to sync.

ACT Sync Issue

Our remote users have run ACTdiag check/repair and still nothing. I have done the same and nothing. I've made sure SQL Server is running, and I have made sure the sync experation is 30 days. I've looked through almost every post on this website for an answer and I don't see one...any ideas??

AB
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Remote database unable to synchronize

Unless the remote users are administrators, database structure changes can't be synced.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Avid Listener

My remote users are not administrators. So, how will they be able to sync to the main database, if I've made changes to the structure?

AB
Platinum Elite Contributor

In all likelyhood ytou will need to redo the remote databases and setup sync again.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129