Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database synchronization

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Remote database synchronization

Hi All

Need some help with synchronization.  I have Act Premium 2009 (v11.0).  I have an environment where some users will simply open the database over the LAN and update it.  Other remote users need to sync over the Internet.  I have the LAN users setup and working.  I also have one of my remote users working with some help from Sage Tech Support.  Only problem is they didn't really explain it very well.  Now, I'm trying to get a second laptop to work and I'm not having any luck (WindowsXP).  The software is installed and the remote database is restored, but when I go to sync, I get an error "Act is unable to connect to the sync server.  Check to be sure "accept incoming sync is enabled in the main database and that Network Sync service is running...".  I get the same message whether I try to connect from inside or outside the firewall (physically).  I using the "inside the firewall setting for both attempts, but changing the ip address to either an internal ip or external ip depending on which one I am testing.  I am using port 65200 and this port is forwarding on my network firewall.  The Network Sync Service is running.  I can't get the "Accept Incoming Sync" to turn on at the same time I have the Network Sync Service running on port 65200, but I thought this was correct as it worked with the other remote user.  I've also tried uninstalling the Internet Sync Service on the main database server because I heard you don't need to use this over the Internet that you can use Network Sync for both?  Currently, trying from inside in hopes that once I get that working, it will work from the outside too.  I can ping the server and get a reply using the internal ip.  I can also open the browser and enter the server ip and port and get a message from the database as described in some of these forum articles.

Any advise on what I may be missing is appreciated.  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Remote database synchronization

Yes, it was the Norton Security that was blocking the synchronization.  I thought I had turned it off, but apparently, I didn't get it completely turned off.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Was your issue resolved?  Looks like you called support and was able to sync once you disabled the firewall.
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Yes, it was the Norton Security that was blocking the synchronization.  I thought I had turned it off, but apparently, I didn't get it completely turned off.