Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database locks when performing maintenance on parent database

Remote database locks when performing maintenance on parent database

We are running ACT! Premium 16.0.291.0 with several remote databases, however one in of them is set up so it automatically syncs with the parent database every hour.  For some reason the user on this particular remote database gets a message stating "The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator.  Please try again later", when I have not issued a lock.  This seems to frequently occur when I run maintenance on the parent database, but not always.  I remoted in to the computer with the remote database and tried the fix in KB 14857, but only the demo database was listed in actdiag, so I ran maintenance on that database to see if that would help.  I was able to get the user logged back in without a problem, but a few minutes later he got another message stating "Amanda Hayden has issued a database lock that will be executed in 3 minute(s) and you will automatically be logged off in 2 minutes.  Please log off to save your work".  Again, I did not issue a lock on the database, so it seems there is some kind of lag but I'm not sure how to fix it.  The user states that after a few minutes he's able to get logged back in again, but I hate to impede work flow.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Administrator

Re: Remote database locks when performing maintenance on parent database

Hi Amanda,

This isn't something we've seen before.
If there is only one remote db being affected, then I would suggest creating a new remote and see if the issue persists.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Remote database locks when performing maintenance on parent database

As the database is not listed in ACTDIAG are you sure that it is running the database on the remote PC?

In the database go to help - About ACT - database information - Check that this is not actually connecting to the server database via a network or vpn connection.