Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database locked

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Remote database locked

Hi,

We have ACT! Premium 2009 Version 11.1.183.0 installed on a citrix server that clients can access but the database files are kept in a seperate file share on another non-windows server.

Recently the following error message has been preventing anyone from opening the database:

"The database you are trying to access has been locked by an administrator. Please try again later."

From what I've read, you can unlock it by using actdiag BUT actdiag only opens local database files. Currently if I open it there is a demo database which is unlocked but it cannot see the networked one.

I tried copying the remote files into the local directory but the database apparently still needs to be imported into actdiag. In the older versions, it appears you could import them. In the current version you have to open it and it imports itself.

So. I'm stuck with a database that I can't open because it is locked and I can't unlock it until it has been opened...

Is there another way to import it into actdiag or otherwise unlock it?

Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jhham
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Remote database locked

Open the pad file in a text editor and verify that it's location is your local machine.  If it's pointing to the server, that is the database that is locked.  If it's not in ACT diag, it's lot on that machine and most likely not a remote database.  If it is a remote database, opening the RDB with file, open and choose .adf instead of .pad will reattach it. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jhham
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Open the pad file in a text editor and verify that it's location is your local machine.  If it's pointing to the server, that is the database that is locked.  If it's not in ACT diag, it's lot on that machine and most likely not a remote database.  If it is a remote database, opening the RDB with file, open and choose .adf instead of .pad will reattach it. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Amazing!

I didn't realize the .pad file was just a pointer to the original database location.

All good now.

Thanks for your help Jon.