Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote database create failure

Tuned Listener

Remote database create failure

I want to set up a synced database for my Laptop. Every time I try to create this I get a long error message at the end of the process "access to the path xxxxxxxxxxxxx is denied. Acess to the path xxxxx is denied. Please contact the adminstrator for more help. Do you wnt to create anotherdatabase?

I am the administrator on Vista and on Act on standalone machine on a router. I just want to be able to take my Laptop with me with a current database.

I have tried running Act in "Run as administrator" and this makes no difference,
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Remote database create failure

Are you creating the file on a local drive or accross a network? Try saving the file to the root of the C: drive on the machine you are on.
Platinum Elite Contributor

What folder are you trying to create the RDB in?
Is this ACT! standard or premium?
Tuned Listener

Hi it is Act Premium and I am saving on a local data disk. Happens every time right at the end of the process.

Are you including attachments? If so, try without them
Can you try creating one with the demo database?
Tuned Listener

Airlite,

Take a look at KB#21645 this should solve your issues,

I hadn't seen that KB... thanks ACT2112.

UAC is the single worst-designed security function... it essentially makes Vista next-to useless when it's on.

Hopefully with SP1 due soon, they will allow it to support Exceptions automatically or manually like the Windows Firewall. Without this, it alwayd needs to be off.