Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote access (APFW) not working in V21

Astute Commentator

Remote access (APFW) not working in V21

Hello,

I have Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 5. The database is installed on our server. In v20, we had two users accessing it remotely using the APFW link. This was set up following this: http://training-act.com/act/act-lib-prem/?courseId=web_access&videoId=1. 

Since we've upgraded to V21, this no longer works. I get to log in stage and log in. On a mobile this is then blank. On a desktop, this comes up with the menus but the rest is blank. Our IT company have spent a few hours with ACT support but no one has been able to resolve it. They completely uninstalled ACT and reinstalled it. However, I'm convinced there has been some mistake made but can't trace it. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Or is it a known v21 issue?

Any help greatly appreciated as this has really screwed us!

Thanks. 

Russell

Copper Contributor

Re: Remote access (APFW) not working in V21

Hi Russell,

Thanks for posting about this. When you get to the login stage on the desktop, does the blank menu look something like this? 

ActError.PNG

Our company has been having the same problem. Myself and a few other users have posted about it on these forums during the last few weeks. No response from Act. I'm going to try a support call and remote connection too and will let you know if their tech is able to resolve it.

Thanks!

Copper Super Contributor

I have had ASP.NET errors on nearly every v21 update I have performed so far.  It has been a very long process of trying everything in every KB article.

The user I am setting credentials for is an admin.  I've tried adding permissions to the registry keys, the folders, no dice.

Particularly the error message appears when I try to access via browser: 

Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet4' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

image.png

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Astute Commentator

Thanks apfwuser!

No, I'm referring to logging into ACT on the web. So we have it installed locally on each machine with the web version on our server. Then we can access the Premium for Web via the internet. It's this that's stopped working. Have I called it the wrong thing?

I think it's all part of a greater bug as a few things aren't playing ball. We had support on for a few hours and did a complete uninstall and reinstall which didn't fix it...

Astute Commentator

Thanks @Buffalo_Steve 

That's one problem we haven't had! 

Is this on a server with Act Premium for Web? And is the user an Act Impersonator account?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Add "Administrator Template" group to your act impersonation user if it is available.

Astute Commentator

Thanks @antvc ,

It's a 'Member of' the administrator group. Is this the same thing or have I misunderstood?

Copper Contributor

This was on a domain controller and was like "Administrator Templates", not just Administrator.

Astute Commentator

Hello @antvc ,

Our IT support company say 'the SQL server isn’t a domain controller; the ACT Impersonator account is definitely in the ‘Local Administrators’ group'. 

Does that make sense? Or is there still something I've missed?

Russell

Copper Contributor

I haven't seen it before, ACT support added it after we had trouble shouted for days. I don't have access to it at the moment however it was definitely a permission issue which resolved by adding it to the ACT impersonator account. As mentioned it already had Administrator group added.