Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Remote Database

Two days ago, I was logged in on our server directly and created 5 remote databases.  I noticed the size of the publisher db is about 133 MB and the remotes created with the same complete data were somewhere around 534 MB.  They have a few templates and 5200 contacts, no companies or opportunities.  Then, today, I logged into the server via a remote desktop connection to create 4 more remotes.  The first one finished and I checked the size, it was 3 GB.  Has anyone had this issue or have any comments. 

They have ACT 2008 Pre for WG EX and XP SP2.

Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author khughes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Remote Database

Kay,

Check the size of the supplemental files folder.  Inside, remove any files in the backup folder.   Also see if any large files have been attached to the database.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author khughes
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Remote Database

Kay,

Check the size of the supplemental files folder.  Inside, remove any files in the backup folder.   Also see if any large files have been attached to the database.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Database extra lrge files

Hello!

I am experiencing the same problem. I am on my server now trying to figure out the issue described below.  Can you please answer these questions:

1)  What folders and or files will be included in a client RD file?

2)  In a full backup?

3) Will all of the subfolders in each of the folders you named be part of the file?

I am in the process of moving to an upgraded server at the same time upgrading from ACT Premium 2009 v11 to 2014 Pro v16.  My RDB file and the attachments folders total 800 MB and add in the others like the templates at 30MB, if it all totals 900MB.   My backup file and a full remote DB file ends up being over 7 GB.  That is my major issue at this point – transferring these large RD files down to the clients and from the old server to the new.  My old server keeps crashing before I can complete building a RD. And if it does complete, moving that file from my server to my google drive, it crashes the server at about 30% completion.  Right now, I am attempting to transfer a very limited RD (employees only) for Heather from the old server to the new. That RD is 5.5 GB and has only 20 contacts.  I tried via upload to google drive.  30% done and the server crashes. Also tried a remote desktop transfer from the old server to the new. Same result.  I am going to post this on the board as well as a new question.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Remote Database extra lrge files