Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Database has less contacts than main database

Remote Database has less contacts than main database

While trying to create a remote databse (RDB), the new RDB only contains 209 contacts excluding the 3 users. The main database has 1598 contacts. Sync set indicates to use all users as well as all contacts, yet the RDB only has the 209. The Manage Subscription list also only has 209. The user of the RDB also has Administrator level - same as main database. When syncing, still only have the 209. What info is needed and how do I resolve this issue?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Remote Database has less contacts than main database

Hello Rowo,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

The first place to look will be the definitions of the Sync Set that was assigned to that remote database.  This will be under the Tools > Synchronization Panel > Manage Sync Set on the server.  Double click on the sync set and click Next to the 'Select Contacts' page > is 'Synchronize All Available' or 'Define Sync Set' selected?  If 'Define Sync Set' is selected, click Next to see the criteria.

Greg Martin
Sage

This is the info from my Sync Set - Synchronize all available contacts - Total number of available contacts (excluding users) = 1601. I have tried to create a new sync set and also get the same info as this.  I did check the subscription list and it only shows 212 contacts. Whener I create the remote database, it is only these contacts that seem to go into my remote database.  I assume the contacts are then tajken from the subscription list and if so, is there a away of adding all 1601 contacts in rather than the 212. I have also tried to remove the existing RDB and create a new one and it all comes down to my 212 contacts.

Copper Elite Contributor

Good Morning,

Are the contacts that are not coming over imported?

Are the contacts that are not coming over set with limited access?

Just a few thoughts...

Kris Lock

IT Manager

Technology Transfer Services

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com

Some of the contacts were imported from a long time ago and some were entered as my business progressed. I don't believe this is the problem. All the contacts are Public and are not Private or Limited Access.

Copper Elite Contributor

The reason I ask about the import, is that I had an experience where I imported a number of records, and found they would not sync out (some, but not all).  I ended up having to duplicate and merge them in order to get them to sync out AND to show in a newly created remote. (I tried the same things as you - creating a new sync set of all contacts, creating new remotes, resetting subscription,e tc).  I could get them to sync out sometimes is I went in and made a modification to those that were not making it to the remote.

Very odd -

Kris Lock

IT Manager

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com