Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Database: deleted records still present after sync with main database

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Remote Database: deleted records still present after sync with main database

ACT Premium v21 being run on both Main DB PC and remote database laptop.

The Main DB is ACT Premium for Web.  I have both the Windows and Web client available to me.

The issue I had was a Contact record that had over a thousand History items in it, most of which were auto attached emails of junk mail or sales emails with LONG URLs and/or image links that didn't need to be in my DB.  I did the painful process of getting rid of them from the Main DB ("painful" because during the cleanup ACT for Windows kept crashing when selecting a lot of these records, and in ACT for Web there is no means to multi-select History items, then delete a group of them.  They have to be deleted one at a time it seems).

Regardless of those limitations I was able to slowly get rid of all the junk entries from the main database.  I've done a sync from my laptop Remote Database, but the deleted records are not deleted.  That same Contact Record still has over a thousand History Record entries.  Sometimes just having that particular contact record open to the History tab will actually lock up ACT on the laptop.

My question is not about ACT crashing on this one record that clearly has data/characters in at least one of the history record entries that ACT doesn't like.  Rather, I'm wondering why the Remote Database sync is not removing the deleted records.  I've already run Database Maintenance (compress and re-index) on both Main and Remote databases.  Anything else to try before I give up and delete the Remote Database and build a new one?  This is precisely why I worked on my cleanup efforts on the Main database PC rather than on the laptop; just in case a sync issue like this was present after the fact.  Any ideas?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Remote Database: deleted records still present after sync with main database

Sometimes the only solution is to create a new RDB.....
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Remote Database: deleted records still present after sync with main database

You could try running ACTDIAG which is a utility that allows more action to repair problems with ACT.

Type ACTDOAG at the windows start button etc

Now under database names list select your database and right click

Last option is Database Rebuild and now select Sync Options

Must be run on Main database and remote.

More info on ACTDIAG here -

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024409513-How-To-Use-The-Act-Data-Diagnostic-Tool-ACTDIAG-...