04-03-2009 10:07 AM
I have been successful in creating remote database files before, but it has been over a year.
I create a sync set first, then go to create the remote database and it goes all the way to the end of the process, but never completes. The screen says to click the finish button, but it’s grayed out. I let it sit over night, thinking it just needs a little time, but after 10 hours I had to cancel.
I rebooted the system, same thing. I ran actdiag8 with check, repair and re-index options, same thing.
The weird thing is, the main data base has its normal file structure, but for each time I unsuccessfully try and create a remote database there is a folder that has a really long name, about 30 chararcters and below it is has a file that is the name of the remote database I tried creating in a folder with a “-database files” attached to the name. In this folder it creates a bunch of .DAT files and an .ADF file with a 30 chararcter alphanumeric name. looks like random letters and numbers similar to the name of the folder it is in, but not. Under the folder that has the remote data base name, lets call it TestDB-database files, it has the following folders; attachments, backup, layouts, queries, reports and templetes.
I know it sounds like im rambling, but this is too weird. And it duplicates what I describe above each time I try to create a remote database. So, now I have 4 folders and all are as described above.
Anyway, thanks for the help in advance.
04-06-2009 09:08 AM
Delete those folders with the long names. They are from failed attempts to create backups/RDBs.
Try following the KB article below. Try changing the copy data method first. If that fails, follow rest of the KB.