Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote Databae locking on every sync

Copper Contributor

Remote Databae locking on every sync

[ Edited ]

Hi

Using Act! V16.1.207.0 on Windows Server 2008 STD for publisher. Subscribers are using Windows 7 pro.

Add a new tab and some new fields to the database yesterday. 15 new fields in total and copy data from existing fields into the new fields. Get everyone to sync the changes. Get them to sync a few times until the date maker on the remote is up to date.

Now every subscriber gets a message that to sync you need to lock the database, every time. I selected one of the laptops and synced it over and over but still get the same message.

I ran a SyncPreviewRepot under DATASEGMENT there is EXCEPTIONS and the status is Incomplete, see below for example.

2014-05-30_17h13_39.png

Anyone had this issue before? Would like to aviod creating remotes again if I can.

Thanks
Damon

Copper Contributor

Re: Remote Databae locking on every sync

[ Edited ]

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  Since upgrading to Premium v16 SP1 my remote database is doing this as well (locking every time on sync) and no items are actually being synced.  0 records every time!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the end I just ended up cutting new remotes and is working fine now.  Also make sure you update to the latest service pack.  There was an issue with remotes not syncing with company auto creation on.

Thanks

Damon

Copper Contributor

I did the same thing Damon... cut new Remote databases once I got the changed records out of the existing remotes.  I couldn't wait long enough for an answer from Swiftpage.  In the future I would recommend a fun sync with remotes before upgrade, delete the remotes, do the upgrade, and then create and restore new remotes as needed.