Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Remote DBS Sync'n Does Not Send Updates??

New Member
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Remote DBS Sync'n Does Not Send Updates??

Using ACT 2009, with shared Main DBS and 8 Remote DBS... All Synch'n with Remote DBS have been working fine, but 1 Remote User Now has an issue with Synch'd updates not getting into Main DBS(Synch attempt on 1/27). User Synch'd fine last week (on 1/12-1/19) with all changes being sent to Main DBS. Now when he synchs his Remote DBS goes through Synch window properly and completes the synch according to Remote DBS log, sending changes and updates. But this data is not making it into the Main DBS. Looked in the Remote DBS synch setup and it is pointing to the proper network location of the Main DBS, and can access it, but the data just isn't making it into the main DBS?? I looked in the Synch Panel of the Main DBS and it does show this Remote User last synch'd on (1/27), but yet the data is not making it into the Main DBS.

 

This "problem" Remote User also gets an error on opening ACT saying: "Your have not synchronized in (15) days if you do not synch your dbs will expire".. He has synch'd on 1/12 and 1/19 and attempted on 1/27, but this error still comes up on every open.

 

Does anyone have any idea as to why this may have started happening? 

Moderator
Posts: 4,395
Country: USA

Re: Remote DBS Sync'n Does Not Send Updates??

Try running database maintenance on both the parent and remote database.

 

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

New Member
Posts: 5
Country: United States

Re: Remote DBS Sync'n Does Not Send Updates??

Sorry, I accidently hit the "accepted" solution. I did do that and that did not fix my issue. What I ended up doing to "somewhat" fix it, was have the remote user, create a note/history report to ensure I didn't lose their notes/history items that weren't synching into the main database (since the last time they were able to synch properly). I then recut/recreated a new remote DBS from the Main one and had my remote user unpack that newly cut one.

 

The remote DBS was restored, and synching was back working properly. I just had the remote user copy/paste those new notes from the previously created report into their newly cut DBS. 

 

Although it didn't shine a light on the root cause of the problem, I am back up and running.