Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote DB Sync Error: Invalid Column Name 'USER4'

Copper Contributor

Remote DB Sync Error: Invalid Column Name 'USER4'

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2

The error message says: "Synchronization has failed. Invalid column name 'USER4'. Contact your administrator for assistance."

1. Applies to all remote users.
  2. I have run database maintainance on both sever and workstations.
  3. I deleted all remote DBs, ran DB maintenance on the server, created a new RDB and still get the same error.

I can't seem to find any information about this online.

Any ideas?

PS: We have 2 other databases that are syncing fine. This is a DB specific error.

Thanks...rd

Nickel Contributor

Re: Remote DB Sync Error: Invalid Column Name 'USER4'

There is a system field called User4, if this has been renamed and a new field created called User4 this may be creating the issue. You can check this through the field list report in ACTDiag.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Copper Contributor

I only have one field named USER4.

Below is a list of the fields contained in the CSV report.

1. How do I tell if the field was created by ACT or not?
  2. There is no data in this field. Should I just delete it and try to sync again?

Thanks in advance!

Entity TABLENAME DISPLAYNAME COLUMNNAME DISPLAYNAME OLEDBNAME ALIASNAME RECORDIDENTIFIER ORDINAL ACT Datatype Physical Datatype Is Custom ISDEFINEFIELD Is Primary Field Min Column Length Is Protected Is Tracked Can Delete Is Allow Blanks LENGTH Decimal Precision Default Access Default Value Field Format Event On Focus Event On Lost Focus Event On Change Picklist
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER1 User 1 User 1 USER1   29 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 64   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER2 User 2 User 2 USER2   30 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 64   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER3 User 3 User 3 USER3   31 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 64   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER4 User 4 User 4 USER4   32 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 64   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER7 User 7 User 7 USER7   35 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 75   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Contact TBL_CONTACT Contact USER8 User 8 User 8 USER8   36 Character NVARCHAR 0 1 0   0 0 1 1 75   FULL ACCESS (2)            
Copper Contributor

1. So I found a field names USER4 in the opportunities table. The name had be changed/customized. So i changed the name back to USER4 and tried syncing - got the same error.
  2. Then I deleted the field and tried syncing - got the same error.

The only thing I can thin of is to create a blank copy of the database and then export the data to this new DB.

Any thought or comments on this?

Thanks...rd

Bronze Contributor

That would be one option but my experience is knowing that all of the data comes across to the new database. I would go and run a report on a new database and then compare this to your database to see where the differences are.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Elite Contributor

Hello rd,

There is actually a knowledge base answer about this, but it isn't marked as public, I will follow up with the KB team and ask why its not yet available. The document id is 28391, I would try checking it tomorrow to see if its available then.

If its not working by tomorrow send me a email and I will send the fix to you that way

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Copper Contributor

The KB is not available, as far as I can tell.

I sent you a PM.

Thanks for answering this post!

Avid Listener

Kurt-

I am having the exact same problem. I have PM'd you a request for the KB article or fix you noted in the post to RD

Thanks

David C. Noe

Copper Contributor

The KB procedure I received fixed the problem. I have tried this procedure before but in the wrong order. doing it in the correct order seemed to be key.

Now, if we can get a fix for for "Large Number of Files in Synchronization After Upgrading to Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 5 or Sage ACT! 2012" I will be very happy indeed.

Thanks Kurt!

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello All,

The KB that fixs this issue is now live, the document id is 28391

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005