Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote ACT! 2011 Premiun looking for a PAD file

Remote ACT! 2011 Premiun looking for a PAD file

We have ACT 2011 Premium on a server with 4 local users and 4 remote users.  The remote users make a VPN connection first and then do a remote sync to the mater database.

One of the remote users upgraded his laptop to a Windows 7 x64 and installed ACT! 2011 Premium.  I generated a Remote Database File for him.  When he tires to oppen it, it looks for a PAD file.  Where have I gone wrong?

This laptop is new and never had ACT! running before.

Thanks

Re: Remote ACT! 2011 Premiun looking for a PAD file

{update}

If I export the database from the old computer and import it into the new computer, the 'sync' button is greyed out.

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I you need to make a new remote for the updated computer or you said you did that right? .User has to upack and restore remote, which makes the PAD & ADF  files and cannot do it from USB drive need to transfer to C drive. 

Cannot export and import already used database it will not sync. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello r042wal,
It sounds like the user was trying to open the remote database file (.rdb) directly without first unpacking and restoring it. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for instructions on how to create, unpack and restore a remote database:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1411...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.