Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling Premium for Web 2013

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Reinstalling Premium for Web 2013

[ Edited ]

We are using Act Premium 2013 for Web with some users running a remote database and others connecting via Web only.

We upgraded to Office 2013 and are trying to get best functionality as described here http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33125/~/act!-compatibility-with-microsoft%C2%AE-offi...

There is a note that says: Note: For best results, the version of Sage ACT 2013 used to install should be at least 2013 Service Pack 1 (version 15.1) or later. Installing version 2013 and then applying Service pack 1 will not be sufficient.

The Question

So I need to remove my installations and install using the 15,1 installer. Will updating the server first break connectivity with the remote databases, and vice versa?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dodders
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstalling Premium for Web 2013

you would have to update act on all workstations, local, or sync, and the chance is high, that you do not have to cut new sync-sets. but anyway, when doing the update, i would recomend to make sure that all remotes are synced back.

one of the benefits of ACT17 is, that you can use SQL2012/SQL2014 instead of SQL2008R2, and this is a great step to avoid issues with Microsoft patches.

i would also recomend to consider to contact an ACC (like us) who can help you to plan &  help with the Install. An Acc is doing this kind of jobs several times a week/month, so they will probably be able to save you a bunch of testing/failing

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi, i would strongly recomend to upgrade to act17, as the outlook integration from act2013 with outlook 2013 was nothing that we recomend.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

[ Edited ]

According to the article I link above there should only be 2 areas that don't work:

Areas with limited or no functionality for Sage ACT! 2013:

• Quick Attach
  • Sending emails through preview pane will not record history

Are there more problems than this?

Anyway, assuming we do proceed would the 2 different methods of install cause the sytems to be incompatible?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Dodders
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

you would have to update act on all workstations, local, or sync, and the chance is high, that you do not have to cut new sync-sets. but anyway, when doing the update, i would recomend to make sure that all remotes are synced back.

one of the benefits of ACT17 is, that you can use SQL2012/SQL2014 instead of SQL2008R2, and this is a great step to avoid issues with Microsoft patches.

i would also recomend to consider to contact an ACC (like us) who can help you to plan &  help with the Install. An Acc is doing this kind of jobs several times a week/month, so they will probably be able to save you a bunch of testing/failing

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

ilange thanks for the help.

Would you say that we are likely to find more problems than the 2 listed in the KB article? I may be able to roll these users back to Office 2010 if it is really bad.

Copper Elite Contributor

As stated, we did never recomend ACT2013 with office2013, found to many glitches that would not be accepted by the staff. but of course, you can try updating to act2013 sp1 latest patch, and give it a try. but upgrading to act17 would probably cause the same amount of work, so you will probably end up doing the work twice.

Downgrading Office 2013 to office2010 will probably cause a lot of issues, so again, my strong recomedation would be to consider a upgrade to ACT17

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040