Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstalling ACT 2012 Pro on a new laptop

Copper Contributor

Reinstalling ACT 2012 Pro on a new laptop

Hello,

I am a very small business and a single owner of ACT 2012 Pro edition (which I paid for some years ago, with a Serial #), and I would like to reinstall the software on a new laptop.

The software loads successfully, but does not allow me to to register the product via internet.  What must I do to register this program on a new computer?  Can any of our ACT gurus out  there assist me please?

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: Reinstalling ACT 2012 Pro on a new laptop

I can tell you what the issue is.

Your version (2012) will no longer work and cannot be registered because Act! licenseing has changed. That version is "out of compliance".

https://www.act.com/resources/obsolescence-policy

To get your database to work you will need to purchase a new license to version 21.1.

Act will still sell you a Pro license, but it's no longer advertised on thier website. 

I am a Certified Partner with Act! and I can sell you a new licnese if you are interested. Please give me a call or reply to my email.

Endpoint Networks

dhicks@endpointnet.com

Darrell Hicks

Act! Certified Consultant/Trainer

203-910-3489

Endpoint Networks

www.endpointnet.com

Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for our reply and update.  FYI, I am currently using Version 14.1.108.0

Questions for you:

a) Will this new licence/activation code be provided be for the same ACT Pro 2012 program that I am currently using?  Or will it be a newer version

b) If this is a newer version of ACT would ACT be providing regular software updates and support?

c) What is the cost to obtain a new licence for version 21.1  (USD or CAD)?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jay

Copper Contributor

You are welcome.

a) this will be a new licnese for Pro 21.1. you would need to download and install this upgrade.
b) the Pro version does not come with suuport or upgrades. However, you may buy a support contract OR you may purchase Act! Pemium Subcription. This is an annual subcription and DOES include support and regular updates.
c) please contact me direct at dhicks@endpointnet.com and i will provide you a pricing quote. I don't quote licenseing in the forum.
Darrell Hicks
ACT! Certified Consultant/Premier Trainer
Endpoint Networks
www.endpointnet.com