Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstallation failure

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Reinstallation failure

My version of 2010 stopped working with Outlook (Instance of object error when trying to send from Act through Outlook). Against my better instincts I followed the standard procedure with Act, I uninstalled and then reinstalled (I used the removal tool to get rid of as much of Act as I could). The basic program installed just fine, but there is the update. I try downloading it. It gets to the very end of the installation, then gives a general failure message and aborts. The upgraded version of Act doesn't open anything after that. Has anybody got a clue what is happening (again)?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Reinstallation failure

Since your failure isn't the base install of the Act! program, but rather when you attempt to apply the update - I have sent you a Private Message with a link to download the fully updated installation files.  You will need to remove Act! through the Add/Remove Programs screen (Programs and Features for Vista/Win7) and then install with the downloaded files.

If the Uninstall through Add/Remove Programs fails, visit this article for instructions on using the Act! Uninstaller utility: Act! Uninstaller

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Since your failure isn't the base install of the Act! program, but rather when you attempt to apply the update - I have sent you a Private Message with a link to download the fully updated installation files.  You will need to remove Act! through the Add/Remove Programs screen (Programs and Features for Vista/Win7) and then install with the downloaded files.

If the Uninstall through Add/Remove Programs fails, visit this article for instructions on using the Act! Uninstaller utility: Act! Uninstaller

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you. The full version (not the upgrade) worked.

Since you are batting 1000 so far, what do you know about Outlook integration? This was the original reason I needed to uninstall Act in the first place. I seem to have no Act->Outlook functions. I get an object error message when I try to send email messages in Outlook from Act!, and no appointment invitations in Outlook open a meeting window in Act. Nothing at all happens, the appoints are just accepted into Outlook. I'm running Outlook 2007 and Win7 along with Act 2010. Do you have any suggestions?

Different topic > see related post Object Reference - when clicking email for further comments.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

I've been there before (see one of my messages). None of this works, and it appears to be a bug with an Act module. The error message is logged in Windows as residing in actemail.exe. Do you have any further guidance on this issue?

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          5/19/2010 11:18:46 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      OFFICE
Description:
Faulting application name: ActEmail.exe, version: 12.1.181.0, time stamp: 0x4b57d9db
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdadb
Exception code: 0xc015000f
Fault offset: 0x0008174f
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>