Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstall Sage ACT Premium 2011 with Windows 7

Reinstall Sage ACT Premium 2011 with Windows 7

I had previously installed Sage ACT Premium 2011 on my laptop running Windows 7 and have to reinstall it but now I get an error message saying that I need to install Windows service pack 3 which apparently is not for Windows 7 and not for a single computer which is not on a network. Any ideas how to get around this error message?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Reinstall Sage ACT Premium 2011 with Windows 7

Why are you needing to reinstall? What happened?

Are you installing in XP compatibility mode?

I have to reinstall because I had to send my computer in to HP for repair and they uninstalled all of my software. I haven't seen any option as to whether to install in XP compatability mode, I just put the CD in and clicked Run.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what HP did but they probably reformatted. I had reinstalled ACT once I got my computer back and it reinstalled properly but then I had to uninstall it since I was having issues with Office 7, so I uninstalled both Office 7 and ACT and then reinstalled Office 7 but now I get the error message when trying to reinstall ACT

Thank you Mike, that worked great, however, once it started installing I received another error message as follows:

Sage ACT! Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running or disabled.\n\nSystem.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String ACTPath)

at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2008(String SourcePath, String ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP)

at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2008(String strSrcPath, String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

Can you decipher please?

Thanks for your help!!

[ Edited ]

BTW: Looks like HP did a hatchet job ... I'd recommend fully reformatting (wiping the drive) and reinstalling from scratch. Who knows what other orphaned bits they left?

Hi Mike,

I've had a similar problem re-installing ACT 2011 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank you for posting the details about removing the SQL associated files from the system which I just completed successfully.

Now that the system has apparently removed all traces of the previous attempts to install do you have any further advice on how to proceed with the new re-installation of the ACT program?

Thanks again and best regards - george