Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reindex attempt results in login failure

Reindex attempt results in login failure

We are using Act! Premium Version 17.0.151.0. We have attempted to run the reindex of a database but were returned with "Login failed for user 'sa'". The problems is we don't know/can't find the sa password. Can the sa password be discovered or changed?

Andrea Shell
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Reindex attempt results in login failure

There is a file in the dependencies folder in c:\act!_... named FallbackSQLPwdReset.bat.  If you run that it should reset the SA password for you and hopefully fix this issue.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thank you! We are going to try that.

Andrea Shell

wellmet wrote:

There is a file in the dependencies folder in c:\act!_... named FallbackSQLPwdReset.bat.  If you run that it should reset the SA password for you and hopefully fix this issue.

Stan

Stan

Any guidance on next steps when the SQl reset doesn't work?

Thanks, Joe

Silver Super Contributor

In that case you're probably going to need to call tech support or work with an ACC to get it fixed.  I can probably fix it for you but my time would be billable.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

The alternative is to uninstall ACT and then Uninstall SQL.

Re-boot and do a clean ACT installation which should install SQL again and connect ACT to the SQL instance.

Stan I spent 5 hours with ACT support on Wednesday. We solve the inability to log in or even 'see' the database. Now the only issue left is a sync time out and maybe tomorrow I can call support again and cajole them into find a resolution

ch1p wrote:

The alternative is to uninstall ACT and then Uninstall SQL.

Re-boot and do a clean ACT installation which should install SQL again and connect ACT to the SQL instance.

Oh my

I've been in the SAP space for 15 years, all on the technical side (sales only) and I've yet to hear 'complete/ clean reinstall of everything.'  I do see that as an option way too often on the ACT threads over the past 10 years however.  I fail to understand why that  is the default solution.  IMO it indicates that ACT is extremely buggy or the SQL version used, is not very good..

Silver Super Contributor

Try running repair and reindex from the Tools | Database Maintenance menu.  If that doesn't work run Actdig and select Tools | Adjust Timeout Values and change the first two to 300 which is 5 minutes.  That may solve the timeout issue.  Sometimes the issue is caused by bad data which requires a little more work.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

wellmet wrote:

Try running repair and reindex from the Tools | Database Maintenance menu.  If that doesn't work run Actdig and select Tools | Adjust Timeout Values and change the first two to 300 which is 5 minutes.  That may solve the timeout issue.  Sometimes the issue is caused by bad data which requires a little more work.

Stan

Stan;

Do I reset the timeout values on the remote or server instances?

Thanks, Joe