Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Registration issue with APFW 2009 on a client machine

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Registration issue with APFW 2009 on a client machine

Hello again,

I recently install APFW 2009 on a WinXP SP2 client machine.  We have 10 licenses, and have used 3 of them so far.  I registered ACT, and it seemed to succeed.  Now, every time the end-user opens ACT, it asks to register.  We go through the motions with our serial number and ACT says that this serial number has already been registered.  All fine and dandy, except we want to register the client install, not the serial number.  What did I do wrong?  Why does ACT continually ask to be registered if it acknowledges that the serial number has already been registered?

Thanks for your help!

NWCenter IT

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shamilton
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Registration issue with APFW 2009 on a client machine

Hello shamilton,

What is the reason for installing AFW on the client machines?  AFW only needs to be installed on the server.  If the end users need ACT! locally, you can install ACT! Premium for Workgroups instead.  It will still be able to sync and connect to the shared database on the server.

Try deleting RegistrationData.xml from 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Act\Act For Windows 11' and then register ACT!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author shamilton
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello shamilton,

What is the reason for installing AFW on the client machines?  AFW only needs to be installed on the server.  If the end users need ACT! locally, you can install ACT! Premium for Workgroups instead.  It will still be able to sync and connect to the shared database on the server.

Try deleting RegistrationData.xml from 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Act\Act For Windows 11' and then register ACT!

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply David!

The reason for installing APFW on a client machine:

1. We didn't have the second half of the dual server install complete.  We hadn't yet installed ACT on our web server.

2. This end-user is/was helping us setup the databse by importing all of our contacts from our various business units.  She will also be acting as an ACT "admin" of sorts, whereby she will be training other sales people and end users.

I've deleted (actually just moved/backed up) the registration file from the users system. I'll try to re-register and let you know the result.

Thanks again,

NWCenter IT

Copper Contributor

Worked like a charm.  Thank you very much!

-NWCenter IT