Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Redesigned Layout, Have To Resize Horizontal Divide Each Time

Copper Contributor

Redesigned Layout, Have To Resize Horizontal Divide Each Time

I recently edited my Household and Contact layout forms.  Now, randomly, I have to resize the horizontal divide between the layout form above and the tab'd sections below.  It seems to move on its own when I switch from say a contact view to a household view etc.

Any ideas if there's a way to prevent this? I set the horizontal divide where I want it and then it just randomly changes to some other point  on the layout, and not always in the same spot either.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Redesigned Layout, Have To Resize Horizontal Divide Each Time

The horizontal divide is different for each view.  I would recommend setting all of them where you want them and then closing Act! by selecting File | Close and then File | Exit from the menu bar.  Let us know if that helps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Unfortunately problem persists. It seems to go back to some default as the spacing is the same each time I start up Act. I then resize, follow the steps you provide above, then reload and it resets back to how it was the last time I started up Act.
Copper Contributor

Interestingly, I just noticed I'm also missing the "..." buttons that are usually shown beside a contact name field, household field or any of the phone number fields.  Could it be the resolution and DPI I'm using? I've set it to 1920x1080 which is the only really low usable resolution on my 4k display laptop.  Hope I can get this resolved/fixed.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

What you describe is typical for a large font setting.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Yes, I can confirm it's the result of a high resolution or DPI setting.  Man, Swiftpage really needs to do something to fix the DPI settings of this application.  It's the only app on my entire system that does not support high DPI/resolution displays.  So frustrating.

Nickel Super Contributor

Who knew!

So the horizontal divide can be different for notes tab, user fields tab, etc????

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Copper Contributor

No, it's different between the general Contacts Detailed view and other areas like Groups/Households etc which I expect but when going back and forth between say Contact Detailed View and Household/Groups view, the horizontal divide moves on its own, it doesn't retain the previous setting.