Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

[ Edited ]

Act Version: Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 4

Outlook Version: 16.0.4229.1024 (Locked to this version as per previous Act/Outlook issues) 32-Bit

Database Location: Stored on a server on the local network

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.693

System Specs: 7TH Gen Intel Core i5, 12GB RAM

As the title says, I and others in my organization are getting this error on a daily basis.  When the crash happens, the "Attach to act" disappears from the system tray and the "Add-ins" tab in Outlook disappears.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps appropriately, uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual C++ Redist, Uninstalled and reinstalled .Net and yet the problem keeps happening.

A work around has been:

1. To close both Outlook and Act
  2. Restart the services associated with Act
  3. Open Act, go to Tools, Preferences, Email and Outlook Sync, Email System Setup and clicking through the prompts
  4. Open Outlook, the "Add-ins" tab 50% of the time will reappear and the "attach to act" shows back up in the system tray.

Needless to say, this is completely unacceptable to have to do on a daily basis and usually multiple times throughout the day.  This is increasing both our employee downtime and our IT hours.  Any fix would be very welcome.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
‎03-20-2017 12:17 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Short Answer:  Upgrading Act to 19.1.63.0 IN CONJUNCTION with allowing Office 365 to update to version 1702.Build 7870.2024 resolved the crashes, the disappearing Addins tab, and the inability to attach documents.  Hooray.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Additional issues:  When this error happens, Outlook throws this:

ActCrash3.PNG

And it wipes out my address book settings:

ActCrash4.PNG

Copper Super Contributor

And then this is interesting.  Even though the Act Addin is set to always enable, this behavior occurs:

ActCrash5.PNGActCrash6.PNGActCrash7.PNG

Administrator

Hi financialITguy,

Do you see any error messages in Windows Event Viewer around the time the crash occurred? 

After the service has crashed, are you able to start it again by running Act.Outlook.Service.exe from the Act! installation folder in program Files?

Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
‎03-20-2017 12:17 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Short Answer:  Upgrading Act to 19.1.63.0 IN CONJUNCTION with allowing Office 365 to update to version 1702.Build 7870.2024 resolved the crashes, the disappearing Addins tab, and the inability to attach documents.  Hooray.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Interesting I am seeing again after PC reboot random times the 32-bit error and address book screen shots as of June 30th and again today July 5th.

It's possible due to number of services maybe times out?

ACT does start-up but I don't see in Outlook the Add-in icons like to attach incoming email to contact record.

I run TrendMicro Max Security 11.1.1045, latest version Malwarebytes Premium 3.1.2.1733, and 4Team-Sync2 which accesses Outlook Profile.

Win-10 Home 64-bit

Office 365 Version 1706 (Build 8229.2073 Click-to-Run

Running Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 2.

I'll Post this now even though the ACT patch-2 allows you to get the address book setup with latest Office 365.  I'll go back re-install Office then ACT again, but what helped was not long term fix.

JM

Hi JM,

I have seen instances where after installing Update 2 or renaming the 'adal.dll' file will cause the Act.Outlook.Service to crash intermittently after recording emails. this is related to the history queue and normally recreating it will resolve the issue. I have included how to do this below.

Open Task manager - Ensure Act.Outlook.Service is not running.

Navigate to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data

Rename the 'HistoryQueue' folder to 'HistoryQueue.old'

navigate to one of the locations below:
64-bit OS
Act! Pro or Act! Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web

32-bit OS
Act! Pro or Act! Premium: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web

Run Act.Outlook.Service.exe 

this will create a new 'HistoryQueue' folder 

Please try send an email that should record.

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Horn,

Revised this 7/7/17
7/5th I removed ACT and Office 365 then reinstalled and seen no more errors that day.

7/6th started up twice Win10 64bit PC got ACT.Integration... pop up error.
Following your steps to rebuild HistoryQueue I noticed there is a second folder in my OneDrive sub-folder. I figured out I had did a copy/backup so it was not a ACT install issue.

Notice in Task Manager running is Act.Outlook64.Service. I checked all Office apps are 32bit. Even if I run that 64.service.EXE the service shows up in task manager, but does not recreate folder. When I end it and run the service.EXE the folder is created.

ACT_IntegrationError.jpg

7/7th after hard reboot still seeing Act.Integration stopped message. Interesting I went back reinstalled 19.2 HF2 patch and after reboot I did not see the error.

7/7th 3:30PM one more thing to add to this post. After reinstalling HF2 it knocked out in Outlook the Act Add-In icons.  Called support he remote in did a few things that you can follow in the KB article.  He was quick to identify issue since he noticed a few other customers with same issue.

Act! icons missing from Microsoft Outlook toolbar

Answer ID 23022   |    Updated 06/21/2017 07:26 PM

KB ID23022 missing Add-In icons

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today July 17th after PC boot up and started Outlook I got the pop-up ACT Address book service not properly configured. I see MS$ office version just updated (I had left Office Updates On) was Office 365 32bit 1706 (Build 8229.2073 Click-to-Run) now (build 8229.2086).

I followed steps to configure address book to DB and had to delete the DB and re-add it. Then close and start Outlook back up to see icons are back.

If you don't do this and you send emails out they will not get recorded into ACT contact record and just sit in an ACT History Que folder.

A. I'm going to Turn OFF, perform automatically Office Updates.

B. Below is screen shots what I'm talking about to correct problem.

Add-In_missingSteps.jpg

I just edit this post to add I got outlook pop-up.  Probably triggered when Sync2 by 4Team to sync my Google contacts, calendar and tasks with Outlook.

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request" error message when you send e-mail from third-party program in Outlook"

outlookmailclienterror.jpg

MS Outlook KB Either there is no default mail Client

If it pops up again after I do a PC reboot.  Will see if I can stop it by going into Outlook Account Settings | Address Books-Tab and remove and add back the ACT! Address Book. Which is exactly what I already did earlier when ACT prompted me to.  This is the round and round I spoke of earlier this month when Office does update kills Add-in then after fixing it one way I get this other annoying pop-up reminder.  If I still get the pop-up even though Add-In icon for email into History contact record is working I'll run the MS$ Easy Fix It link to address registry that is hard to believe is corrupt?

JM

Copper Elite Contributor

Why is this marked solved?   Customers with all versions are having issues with act.outlook.service crashing now.

Tamara Traylor
New Ideas Consulting Inc