Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring issue with Act! - Every so often it Jumps to the Last Contact Record in the List

Recurring issue with Act! - Every so often it Jumps to the Last Contact Record in the List

While doing a wide range of things such as creating new contact, writing a letter from template or adding something to the calendar it will jump back to a previous contact, not always the last one selected. Can't figure out what is causing this issue, any help is greatly appriciated.

thank you

Copper Contributor

Re: Recurring issue with Act! - Every so often it Jumps to the Last Contact Record in the List

[ Edited ]

I am not much help, but i can confirm the same issue. We are on V17 and multiple users experience this.

One thing that does help is before you go onto the next thing, press the save button.  This seems to make it stay put.

Re: Recurring issue with Act! - Every so often it Jumps to the Last Contact Record in the List

I'm having the same issue with ACTv16 Premium w/web. 

An ACC recommending deleting the preferences folder on the local client machine, which seems to have helped. Although if you experience a jump do to your use of Activity Series, then its a bug that "they're aware of now". 

Our system "jumps" when you a field triggers and Activity Series in the Opoortunities. It will revert back to the first Oppoertunity in the list. Apparently, this jump bug is not high on their priority list. The ACC confirmed that the bug was sill present in v17 and she didn't have any clue if/when they would fix it. 

so there is no current fix or work around?

thanks guys for letting me know, at least I know it's a known issue and not something unheard of.

Just got a reply from my ACC that ACT has acknowledged the bug and plans to fix in v18. So basically if you want it fixed, you have to pay for it. I'm still trying to walk myself off the ledge after hearing that. 

Copper Contributor

Wow.

What kills me about this is, this "bug" didn't exist in the ealier versions of ACT.  Makes total sense we would have to pay for it to fix it. Oh wait.