Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring issue connecting to Shared database via remote server?

Recurring issue connecting to Shared database via remote server?

Hello All, 

Please be patient as I am not extremely technically inclined, nor am I overly familiar with ACT!. Our company recently switched from another CRM program to ACT, and have had the program approximately 1 month. We are running a Windows 10 system, with a remote server that is managed by an outside contracted IT company. ACT was installed by a ACC, and we have gotten the following Screenshotted error multiple times ( at least 5+) since we began. I understand this is an easy 'fix', according to our IT people, but no one can explain why it is happening or how to fix it permanently. I am hoping for someone here to be able to inform me. We have 'fixed' the issue several times and have been told that the Database is "unshared", but never told a reason or a "permanent" fix for this issue. Help? 

Untitled.png

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Recurring issue connecting to Shared database via remote server?

Hi Rhiannon,

I think you need to set up the following from the menu on the main database...

Tools | Database Maintenance | Share Database - Make sure this is ticked.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

That is clicked---at this time. The problem lies in the fact that, for some reason, every few days, the database suddenly is no longer being "shared" and can't be accessed. Is there any reason why this would happen/occur? It's happened at least 5 times. Each time, it gets fixed, but it happens again a few days later. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi ,

we did see the same issue at a cusotmer, who switched his supporting IT Company,

at the end of the day it was the new Backup Software that did kill the Windows shared Folder Access.

so i would recomend to "disable" the Windows Backup and only use the act backup for a while to identifiy if this is the reason.

greetings

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040