Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recreating remote databases

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Recreating remote databases

One of my remote users' laptop was replaced.  I have tried to recreate a remote database to send him and keep getting an error message at the very end of the process that says....Failed to create remote database xxx.  Access to the path xxxxx is denied.  I checked my permissions and have all the permissions in place to do this function.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  pk

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Recreating remote databases

I've seen this error caused by having the database shared.  Try unsharing the database from Tools > Database Maintenance.  You can reshare the database after you've created the remote.

View solution in original post

All Replies

I am experiencing a similar error at the very end when trying to recreate a remote database.  My error is...

Failed to create remote database xxx.  Cannot perform the requested operation on an item that does not exist.

I've spent several hours searching ACT customer support site to avail. 

Are you trying to create a new database or re-create an existing database?  My problem seems to be that I am not on the main database and therefore cannot create or re-create.  I have no idea how to get to the main database....

I am trying to create a new remote database from the machine hosting the main database.  I was able to sucessfully create 4 remote databases on this same machine 2 weeks ago.

Jody

Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I've seen this error caused by having the database shared.  Try unsharing the database from Tools > Database Maintenance.  You can reshare the database after you've created the remote.

That appears to have done the trick.  I had created the previous remote databases and then shared the main database with local users.  It hadn't occurred to me to unshare the database.

Thank You!

Jody Krueger 

To note; I had an error when I unshared the database and the "create remote database" option was greyed out.

I closed the database and reopened it and all was clickable again. however I still get the error message Smiley Sad