Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recreate corrupted user/contact?

Avid Listener

Recreate corrupted user/contact?

I have a user that is somewhat corrupted , some errors kick up when he logs in.  I know its tied to the user.  How can i safely delete and recreate the user and contact and retain all the previous data entered for the corrupt user?

Thanks,

Re: Recreate corrupted user/contact?

cbs2010,

You would need to create a new user, and delete the original.  When it asks you to transfer records, simply select the new user.  The downside is anything listed as Private will not transfer over.

Depending on the error message, we may be able to save that user if that's a problem.  What sort of messages are you getting?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Avid Listener

I assume this has something to do with appointments and tasks..."index was outside the bounds of the Aray"  I get that about a minute after logging in.  Only happens to one user.

You said only private stuff will not port over but does that include history and notes and emails? I dont think that user is set for private notes.

Thanks,

-Paul

Anything marked private will not carry over.  Anything not marked private will remain.  If a history on a contact is marked private, but the rest are not, only that one history will be unviewable in the future.  More than likely your error message is because of a corrupt activity that is trying to spawn an alarm.  Might be tough to narrow down, but it would be in your active task list for that User.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Avid Listener

Thank you so much.

Will look into it further

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi there

A little more information would be helpful in order to best address your current issue with ACT.

- Which version of ACT are you running?

- What OS is installed on the PC that is experiencing the error message?

- Have you logged in as the user who receives the error message on a different computer? (Do you still receive the error message with that user on another computer)

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au