Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recover database - see full thread before posting the link to the actual recover process.

wsg
Copper Contributor

Recover database - see full thread before posting the link to the actual recover process.

Hello,

Yes I have read about how to recover a database. Last year we had a problem where one user lost all his calendar for the month and so we some how retreived it. We are using SBS 2008 with Sage Act Premium 2011. This time the issue is the customer never called but deleted 5,000 contacts out to "clean up" the database and just called us to get a back up of the old copy for "just in case" purposes. Well to our suprise after recovering the data from the 5th of June prior to them deleting the contacts and opening it up it still only shows the 2,000 contacts. Now I know previously I belive we had to mount it in the ACTDiag tool. Also I think it has to be renamed as well? My supervisor thinks that we had to delete a file to allow to rebuild it not the .PAD file but some other one. I know we have done it before to obtain a calendar form a previous date. We are using the SBS 2011 hard drive recovery tool. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recover database - see full thread before posting the link to the actual recover process.

Was the backup backed up by the ACT! backup procedure?
If so, did you Restore_As to a different name?

If not, how was the database backed up and restored?