Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Records that go MIA?

Records that go MIA?

[ Edited ]

We are using ACT! 9.x/2007 Workgroup and I came acros a very peculiar thing today. I put in a record in the system for Chris Wolf - The Wolf Group on 9/3 and updated the notes 9/8. I added another record this morning, when Rhonda came over and told me she had also put in a record in the system for him also after forwarding his BP Pack to June. She was not avle to see my record on her machine (despite the fact I have had to synced the database a number of times since 9/3, including first thing this morning when I came in.) She said she had synced the database as well. we both re-syncd and refreshed our systems and now even my record is gone!

Has anybody else had such a thing happen to them?

Dennis Pedersen 

Content edit.  Removed email address.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 09-11-2008 11:51 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Records that go MIA?

Check to see if the record is set to private.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Records that go MIA?

Roy,

Thank you for your response, I truly appreciate the help.

I cannot produce the record, in other words a search through the database does not show the record being in there, yet I created the record on 9/3 and added a note to it on 9/8 and this morning?!?

Our Server Administrator is gone til Monday and I am not sure about the main server, I am hoping it is in there and simply as you mention somehow got "turned off" so we can't see it. 

I have worked with ACT! since 1989 and had simular issues in 1999 and 2005. We never found those records but that was before 9.x for workgroups version.