Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Records not showing

Records not showing

One of our departments is having an issue where a record is entered into the software and it can be searched through a public portal. However there are random records that will not show up in the search.

Example: Entry is made and given like an acoount number, say "12345" - When that number is used in the search portal it states "No record Found" but that record is in the database. Other records will show up fine, just appears to be random.

Any ideas ???

or do I need to provide more information?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Records not showing

Try searching on contains rather than starts with. If that works check to make sure there is not a space before the entry you are looking for. It is not uncommon where information like an account number is pasted in rather than typed a space is also inserted.

Actually we had already tested that possibility. Extremely strange situation. There are so many tables in the database that I cannot identify where this field resides. If I could maybe I could compare that to others.

Bronze Elite Contributor

In ACTDIAG there is a "Field Details Report" which show all info about the fields although I am not sure this is going to help with your problem. There are also options in ACTDIAG for repairing the database if reindexing has not fixed it.  Is it just the account number field that is causing problems?

Not really sure. We found this due to a new rule for clients (The public) When they need to submit documents to us they are required to go online and look up their information by this number, and thats how we found out that the record for some of these would not show. Is it possible that another field/attribute coould effect these records not showing?

Also - the SEARCH engine is on our website and simply ties to the ACT Database. I didn't believe the search engine was the problem because most all other records show up fine when the number is put in.

Bronze Elite Contributor

First we need to find out where the problem is - Find one of the account numbers that does find a match from the search engine and then do the same search in ACT. If it finds it the problem is with the data exchange between the search engine and ACT. Is the search engine doing an SQL search of the ACT table?  

The search engine is done in cold fusion and performs a SQL Database search - Hope that sounds right, I am no SQL person - yet  Smiley Happy

I am sure I have done the search in Act and all records come up - but I am going over to that department this morning and will perform it again and post back.

Also I noticed if you search for the persons name in our search engine, it normally brings up any record associated with it. However the records that we are having problems with do not show when searched by name. Inside of ACT they do come up. I still cannot locate the table where the account number data is stored.

Bronze Elite Contributor

This does not look like an internal ACT problem but an SQL script error in the search engine.

Just  thought - if this is ACT Premium just make sure the records are not limited access as this may cause a problem if they are using the OLEDB2  that comes with ACT.  If they are using OLEDB2 consider rebuilding in ACTDIAG for the database.

If none of the above work I think you need to talk with the IT company who service or designed the WEB search engine.