Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording individual notes to groups

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Recording individual notes to groups

Hi, I have a list of projects in my Groups area of ACT. Each of these projects has a couple of companies (contact within the company) attached to it as they are working on that paticular project.

I am trying to find a way where I can record notes to the company/contact concerned within the project (group), but without the notes being copied into every other group/project that that contact is also connected to.

I know you can leave the contact field blank, but I need the notes made in the groups to get copied into the company record, so we have a full history of all notes and conversations etc with that company.

Any ideas?!

Regards

Muir

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author muir.baxter@flamingbox.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Recording individual notes to groups

Hi Muir - when you associate the note with the Contact - also make sure it is associated with the specificGroup (Project). Then in the Notes tab for that Group Ensure that the "Show For:" drop down is set to Group. This way it will only display notes relevant to that Group and not the others that the contact is working on.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author muir.baxter@flamingbox.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Hi Muir - when you associate the note with the Contact - also make sure it is associated with the specificGroup (Project). Then in the Notes tab for that Group Ensure that the "Show For:" drop down is set to Group. This way it will only display notes relevant to that Group and not the others that the contact is working on.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Thanks Trevor, my life will be loads easier now!

Many thanks...

Regards

Muir