Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording History for ACT Documents

Copper Contributor

Recording History for ACT Documents

Here's the environment:  ACT 2012 Premium.  MS Word 2003,2007 or 2010 has been selected as the word processor in Preferences.  I have saved the document/template in the Template folder with a file type of *.adt.  I want the Create History window to automatically appear when you go to print the document (with Attach document to history box marked with a checkmark).  When I edit the document and go to MS Word Add-Ins, select from ACT dropdown Record History I get a message that says "This feature is unavailable."  How do I accomplish this?  I do not want my users to have to select Record History from the Add-ins.  That definitely does NOT work with some users.  Plus, this is how it worked in ACT 6, and I would think we'd have advanced functions with 2012, not have functionality taken away!  

I hope someone can help with this...thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Recording History for ACT Documents

Hello Jillian,
Please see the following Knowledgbase article for suggested solutions. The first one I would check is to see if the ACT! plugin is disabled (bottom section of the article):
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2231...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Recording History for ACT Documents

Greg,

Yes, the plug-in is enabled.  I'll have to try the other suggestions tonite since I have to close ACT.  It's a problem to get everyone off ACT, especially since we have users in different time zones.  I can tell you this has been an issue I've been asking about since DAY 1...