Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record manager doesnt match ACT user

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Record manager doesnt match ACT user

[ Edited ]

: if "Dawn" emails cuatomer, and 'records history', the email Record Manager appears as me, not "Dawn", the composer of the email.  I set up a new user two weeks and his works ok, I see his name as the Record Manager for any emails he sends to customers, I would have to know exactly which emails all these employees sent - because they all have my name attached to them! Is there something in the set up that I missed?  I have outlook 2007, win7 and v17 ACT

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎11-02-2015 06:06 AM
Administrator

Re: Record manager doesnt match ACT user

The setting for recorded emails is saved on a per-PC basis.
Check Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Settings, click next and you should see your machine name, click edit and check the username in the settings dialog is the correct one (Orie).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hi Shari

Two things to check.

1. Is Dawn logging in under your username?

2. Go to Tools | Manage Users and verify that the Contact Name for each User matches.  

Michael Kadlub
Act! Support Manager
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
800-857-0558, x.310
MichaelK@kqc.ca
www.keystroke.ca
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes contact name matches user.   It just started to happen.  I copied this senario from a previous posting so I will use the reall names below.

My user with the issue is Orie and it just started last monday not sure why.  Her contact under manage users is also Orie.  How do I untie a record manager to a user?   Yes she is logging on as Orie as well.

Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎11-02-2015 06:06 AM
Administrator

The setting for recorded emails is saved on a per-PC basis.
Check Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Settings, click next and you should see your machine name, click edit and check the username in the settings dialog is the correct one (Orie).

Bronze Elite Contributor

As per Garry - 99% think you will find wrong user in email setup, it is no 3 of the email wizard setup.