10-27-2010 12:39 PM
I need to export a couple of thousand records for a direct mail campaign but need to track which records where exported for follow up later. I was thinking the easiest way to do this was to do a history query but I've run into two problems. First there is no history created when a record is exported, second is that I have not found a way to lookup history to sort those records.
Can anybody give me a hint on how best to accomplish this task?
Thanks ahead of time...
10-27-2010 01:39 PM
I would put the records in a group for followup.
10-27-2010 02:31 PM
To expand on Roy's suggestion, you would need to tag these records with a value in a field, then use that value to add them a group. Here is what suggest:
- Make a backup of your database
- Create a new field (Tools>Define Fields) - all other users must be logged out of the database. It can be a Yes/No checkbox field, a date field or whatever type based on how you indicate the record was exported
- Lookup the records to export, export them, then keep your lookup active.
- From the ACT! main menu, go to Edit>Replace Fields
- Choose the field you created for noting the exported records, then for the value choose whatever value is your indicator (a check, a date, a phrase, etc). Click OK. This will insert that value into the field for all contacts in the lookup, indicating they were part of the export.
- Click Groups from the NavBar on the left, then click New for a new group. Name the group as desired
- Under the Contacts tab for this group, click Add/Remove Contacts.
- Under Dynamic Criteria, click Edit Criteria, then select the field you used to indicate the export and the value you used.
- Save your changes...you should then see all the contacts you exported added to the group
** The Group is optional since you could just do a lookup on that field to get the contacts, but it does help to organize them
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.