Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager vs. Contact Access

Copper Contributor

Record Manager vs. Contact Access

Shouldn't a database user be able to edit a contact if they have access to the contact? One of my associates cannot edit a contact unless I make him the Record Manager of the contact. All of our other associates have no problem editing contacts when they have access to the contact, even though they might not be the Record manager....Is there a setting that I need to adjust to allow him editing privileges? 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Record Manager vs. Contact Access

What role have you assigned the user (Browse, Standard, etc)?

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Copper Contributor

Standard. Everyone is set at Standard except for me and my boss (we are administrators).
Bronze Elite Contributor

You don't mention what version of ACT you are using but some time ago (Around V12 I think) there was a bug that meant if the user name and ACT User record name were different it caused a similar problem. What version of ACT are you using?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Also is his setting as a user the same as the others? ( Browse, Limited, Etc Etc.)

Copper Contributor

Act! Premium (Web) Version: 17.1.156.0
His setting as a user is Standard just like all other employees. (Except myself and my boss who are set at administrator).
Administrator

When you say they cannot edit a contact, whet exactly do you mean?

Can they type in the contact fields?
Is the save button available?
Are there any messages displayed when trying to save a change?
Can they add notes or history?

Is this database specific? Do you have any other databases you could test this on?
Bronze Elite Contributor

To narrow down the problem (Platform of ACT User permissions) when you log onto ACT as that user on the server are you able to edit records?

If you access ACT on the workstation that is giving the problem as another user with the same rights are you able to edit records?