Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager unplainably changing

Record Manager unplainably changing

We are running ACT Premium 2006 with 7 users. On 3 separate occasions, all unrelated as to timeframe and Record Manager,  a Record Manager has had all his contacts changed to another Record Manager. The new Record Manager is not even an existing Record Manager; it is actually a contact in the system. Specifically lets say Record Manager Joe is assigned 40 contacts. Out of the blue Record Manager Joe is no longer the Record Manager for all 40 accounts; some existing contact is now the record manager. When Record Manager Joe signs into ACT he still sees all of his original contacts and is able to perform normal functions. However, if he opens the contact list view, he sees the new Record Manager.     One other clue can be seen when I, as administrator, choose Tools/Manage Users. What I see on this screen before and after the change is as follows:   Before   Contact=Joe                          user=Joe   After   Contact=Sam  Joe   I am able to go thru the gyatrics to fix this, so that is not a problem. Does anyone have any ideas how I can avert this from happening?  
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Record Manager unplainably changing

When he opens the database, is he on his own record or one of the contact records?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Before the problem, it opened up to the Record Managers Contact. When the problem started, it did not open to the Record Manager. After I went in and fixed things it is again opening to the Record Managers Contact.
Platinum Elite Contributor

As a guess, the user decided they didn't need a record for them selves and since they could not delete the record, simply edited the record with a contacts information. I've seen that happen with ACT! before. The reason the contact was showing as the record manager was because the record manager field doesn't contain the record managers name, it contains the unique ID (aka Contact ID) of the record manager's My record. On the layout ACT! Substitutes the contact name from the user My record record for the unique ID. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129