Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager name does not match ACT! user

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Record Manager name does not match ACT! user

I'm using ACT! Premium for Workgroups, and for some of my ACT! users, the Record Manager is actually MY name, not their name. They are active users of the database, and I have integrated the ACT! address book with their Outlook - everything is working superbly except that I appear as the Record Manager for a whole lot of records!  Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can set each user as their own Record Manager???  Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎11-04-2015 04:12 AM
Administrator

Re: Record Manager name does not match ACT! user

The setting for recorded emails is saved on a per-PC basis.
Check Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Settings, click next and you should see your machine name, click edit and check the username in the settings dialog is the correct one (Orie).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

By default, it will be the user who created the record.

You can mass-change the field by lookup up the records in the Contact List View and - selecting Contacts | Edit Contact Access

See this Knowledge Base article for more info
Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike, I will look at that posting. Just to clarify: if "Dawn" emails me, and 'records history', the email Record Manager appears as me, not "Dawn", the composer of the email.  I set up a new user two weeks and his works ok, I see his name as the Record Manager for any emails he sends me, but there are other employees whose emails have me as the Record Manager. So in order to mass change the field, I would have to know exactly which emails all these employees sent - because they all have my name attached to them! Is there something in the set up that I missed? I uninstalled ACT! and then reinstalled it because the outlook integration did not work properly and I thought that could be the issue, but then I discovered that some of the other users where I did not need to uninstall/reinstall ACT! also are showing me as Record Manager.  But I will review what you sent and see if there's something there.  Thanks again.

You need to make sure Dawn is logging in a Dawn and that you check the user details (assuming you're using Outlook) in the Preferences for the email.

We are having the same issues - I handed down my computer to a new employee, and created a new user name for her. Any time she emails someone, it shows me as the Record Manager.
Bronze Elite Contributor

two places to check...

first when you login with your username/password, the first thin ACT! then shows is your My Record. so if you login as barney rubble then the FIRST contact record you should see is barney rubble. if not then write down and erase what you see and fill out your my record. if you're not barney rubble then why log in as him?

if you need a new user, in ACT! new users are made from the menu Tools > Manage Users

hope this helps...
-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net

JanetHenry wrote:
We are having the same issues - I handed down my computer to a new employee, and created a new user name for her. Any time she emails someone, it shows me as the Record Manager.

Also, if using Outlook, make sure you've used her user name in the ACT! address book settings
Copper Super Contributor

We are having this issue now just recently in V17.   Where doe Act V17 pull the record manager from to attach to email?  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Administrator

Hi Shari,
What have you tried so far from the suggestions in this thread?
Copper Super Contributor

When I sign in as orie - the record to show as my rny record is Orie which is correct.   The email is correcit in my record the email is correct and the record manager shows orie as well.    This only happens when Orie sends an email it attaches to history as another user.  When she adds a activity to history it shows correctly.  This just started happening.