Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager in Peachtree Tab and Act!

Copper Contributor

Record Manager in Peachtree Tab and Act!

So, the peachtree tab is working fine. However, how can i get act to change the record manager based on the record manager in Peachtree.

For example. Peachtree says "Bob Jones" is the record manager. But ACT! says something else.

ALSO

How come multiple contacts within a company do not have the peachtree information even though they are in the same company?

For example:

Acme Inc. has two contacts

Bob Acme

Jane Acme

in Bob's contact I can click the peachtree link and viola, I see the sales history

HOWEVER, in Janes contact, I click on the peachtree tab and nothing. It shows as not linked.

Thanks!

I also posted this on symantec but that forum is a black hole. No one ever responds.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Record Manager in Peachtree Tab and Act!

[ Edited ]
By default, when a record is created in ACT! (regardless of the method of creation). the record manager is the user under whose login the record was created.  In regards to your other questions about the Peachtree Link, those would be better addressed by posting your question in the Peachtree Online Community.
Message Edited by ghollister on 03-23-2009 09:21 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Record Manager in Peachtree Tab and Act!

Thank your response, however, the information you gave me is nothing new. The "link" to peachtree-act, is a really poor link and doesn't really integrate the two programs. Also, the peachtree forum is a graveyard and is not as active as this one. I've posted something on there before, but no response. One could say the same thing "you should address the issue on the ACT! forum".

Bottom line: I think Peachtree and ACT! do not integrate in a useful manner. Oh well, maybe one of the two companies (or a third party) will close that gap.

Thanks for your response anyway.