Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Manager in Groups

Tuned Listener

Record Manager in Groups

a new user's name is being recorded as Record Manager in the Groups/Companies tab of the Contact view.  When checked in the Groups view, the Record Manager is correct for the individual members; BUT, in the Group Access tab, the new user's name is in Record Manager and is grayed out, so it cannot be accessed to change it..

Questions:

1. how is the Record Manager assigned in these tabs? 

2. how can it be managed?

3. how can i correct it?

Employee

Re: Record Manager in Groups

The Record manager in the Group Access tab is assigned by default to the user that created the group. It can be changed if there are no subgroups within the group. 

If there are subgroups within the group, you will need to move these to be groups (right click on subgroup>move>promote subgroup to group). You can then change the record manager of the group, and put the subgroups back.

Tuned Listener

Re: Record Manager in Groups

Alan,

thank you very much for your kind reply.  this is very interesting as the groups were  created by myself several years ago.  Your answer would indicate that the new employee went into the Groups and did just as your describing.  I'd be surprised, but today anything can happen.   Are there any other ways?

Jeff